5 Things I Learned From My Dad
1. It's okay to be independent, even if it means going against the norm. I've always tried to stay true to my beliefs and be myself even when it isn't the popular thing to do. In short, it's okay to be a little different.
2. Always go above and beyond for a friend. My dad keeps in touch with some of the same friends he has known since he was ten years old. Be good to people, and they'll return the favor.
3. Loyalty is everything. At the end of the day, trust is so important. Though we are far from perfect, my family means the world to me.
4. Take people as they are. As much as we would like to change and improve ourselves, it's best to accept those around us, flaws and all.
5. Let loose, and enjoy the ride. Whether we're going for an evening sail, skiing on the mountains, or navigating the waters of Lake Superior, my dad has taught me to seek out adventure and enjoy the little moments in life. Looking back, those are some of the best times.
Happy Father's Day to all of the wonderful dads out there, especially my dad and grandpa who support me in everything I do! We love you more than you know.
P.S. Keep an eye out for a new outfit post within the next couple of days!